Is it wrong to have negative impressions of the world?
Let’s be realistic and honest – we do not live in paradise. The world is a troubled place full of troubled people. And, sad and unbelievable as it may be, there are dark forces at work leading humanity toward self-destruction. I’m not insisting that these forces are in any way intelligent or intentional – it just appears to be so; and appearances, although often deceiving, are usually symptoms of actual conditions. Where there is smoke, there is fire.
Many people have accused me in the past of being too reserved and uncommunicative – despite the fact that I appear to constantly broadcast my opinions in person, through books, on my website, over social media and in other ways. So, I now offer a few opinions I hold to be true that might make it clear just what I am saying in life. I am going to use absolute statements – even though, as a philosopher, I am aware that not to use them is often better form. I do this for emphasis.
- All governments of the world – including Canada, the U.S., Britain and the rest – are corrupt. Outright, criminally based, enemies of humanity. There is at present no good government. Granted, some are far worse than others and I would much rather live under the criminal regime in Canada than just about any place else in the world. Nevertheless, they are all corrupt. They daily demonstrate their complete disregard for the people they claim to represent. In fact, this is the big problem – there simply is no true form of representative government any more. Perhaps nations of the world have become too large or too complicated to administer properly – whatever – all governments are corrupt.
- All poverty, crime, social injustice, famine, war, economic disparity, illiteracy, disease and social unrest are the direct result of government interference. It is the wrongful action of government that leads to all the problems of the world. I do not say that leadership or good government is not beneficial – certainly it is. We desperately need true leadership and effective administrative control in the world today. However, we simply do not have it. The governments of the world are hopelessly flawed. Professional politicians and administrators have lost their way – the system itself – the system of a select group of qualified individuals determining the fate of a people – fell into darkness centuries ago and has never stumbled back into the light. Certainly the current swarm of overfed politicians is not doing anything to illuminate the world.
- It is absolutely possible to have good government, sound leadership, social equality, justice for all and true freedom. It is just not manifest in the world today. There is no individual force, no matter how strong or righteous in may be, that can counteract the negative effects of current government. Resistance to the darkness is futile. The only way individuals can thrive as positive, self-determining forces is to completely dissociate ourselves from all the ruling bodies. We cannot participate in the madness. It is certainly possible to survive and financially prosper by going with the flow and collaborating with the ruling powers. However, to truly thrive as authentic human beings requires separation of mind and spirit from the body of government. As the Master Jesus said, “be IN the world, but not OF the world.”
- Certain celebrities in the world clearly appear to be in league with the forces of darkness and preach a message of corruption to their followers. Oprah Winfrey comes to mind. There is nothing she has said or done publicly indicates to me that she is anything other than a child of darkness. She preaches “the Secret” – ask and you will get. This sounds vaguely Biblical and thus people are encouraged to believe it. But in the Bible, Jesus advises us to ask for the Holy Spirit and to become enlightened – celebrities such as Oprah tell us to ask for money, jobs, power, fame and other material goods. The only force or being that actively grants this type of request is a force of Darkness. God, the Creator and Sustainer of the universe, is not a wish granting genie and should not be treated as one.
- Demons, devils, angels and spiritual, non-corporeal beings of all kinds are real – they are just not what ordinary people think they are. Ordinary people are stupid.
I hope these few brief statements make my position somewhat clearer. It is possible to avoid falling victim to the negativity and deceptions currently active in the world. To do so you must determine to get yourself awake. Wake up using any methods available to you. Wake yourself up and then wake up others.